Saturday, November 1, 2008

New Birthday....

Hi World.... Dad here.
DKDelicious had a very busy week, ending with a new birthday. Last week he had two doses of radiation to the head, seven rounds of full body radiation, two days of high dose chemo, and another (the 3rd one) bronchoscopy. He did quite well through all of these procedures.


The big news is he received his new stem cells yesterday....Yea!!!!!! So now he has a new birthday....Halloween of all days. Pretty neat for a kid who loves scary movies.


The other big news is the bronchoscopy revealed that the cause of the latest pneumonia (finally....) was a bacteria. It also showed that the bacteria is in declined...apparently they've been using the right medication to beat up this bug.


This week also brought some nice touches....a call from the University of Kansas head track coach, Stanley Redwine; flowers from the KU athletic director, Lew Perkins; and banner from the cancer walk from his classmates at KU. The banner was 10-ft long and signed by tons of KU students.

So what's next? We wait. We wait for the stem cells to graft and build new bone marrow.
Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers, and support. Everyday we see a miracle.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing guy! We are praying for all of you!

MikeyII said...

Put the Fight On big guy!

Kris Kennedy said...

Smelly. Just smelly. :-)

Anonymous said...

You totally have some skills. Walking in the hallway,dancing and joking. I know you can show us all just how amazing the gift you recieved will make you strong. Get out of bed; remember I walk twice the length you do. I can't dance though. HEHE Mary D

Kris Kennedy said...

Yo folks are praying. So you keep fighting. ya heard. Word. I'll prolly give ya a buzz sometime tomorrow. Much luv, lil' bro. Keep rockin' hard.

Anonymous said...

Hey Darren! Big changes are on your horizon. Just relax, rest and feel the best that you can everyday. It was awesome to get to talk to you online the other night. I'm here anytime and I know that you're strong. I'm already at 13.1 hemoglobin... +217 days after my transplant, and I wouldn't expect any less from you. Rock on,

_emily

Anonymous said...

Graft stem cells! GRAFT!

Anonymous said...

Mikey...I finally found your blogspot ( really, I finally got the kids off the "good" computer and Youtube)...Your CT clan is with you all the way!